Friday, April 11, 2008

I love this library!



This week marks an important event in our local library's year.

I have been waiting for it for a month or so.... saving up for it for weeks........


Wishing the hometown library would have a similar event...

It is their annual "Food for Fines" drive.


That's right...bring in a can of food for the local food bank and the library will wipe your record clean...fines? over dues? (who, me?) Erased, erased, erased!

Oh Happy day!

there is a small catch--you can only get up to $10 off your fines...but I am sure I haven't gone over that....I think. With 5 card users, i like to spread the wealth, the books, the charges, the fines...so hopefully that will add up for me ( or subtract down for me...however you want to look at it. But i am an optimistic person and so I will stick with the 'add up' analogy.)


So next week I will be taking my over due books in my "Friends of the Library" bag (never know..that might help too) over to the local library to celebrate amnesty week.






What a great day...it should be a holiday...maybe i'll give the kids the day off....

or not.

still tho, with a clean record, just think of all the books we can check out between now and our return to the east???

Yippeee!

~The Mom

1 comment:

Maw Maw said...

OH MY GOSH - that is so funny, clap, clap, clap!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Pappy and I laughed and laughed and so should all your friends. I use to cringe a little when you would ask me to drop off a library book - cause I didn't know if I had enough money with me...clap, clap, clap. So go for it - just shock those ladies behind the counter, walk up with your red wagon full of cans and books - they'll love you!!!!
Maw-maw
Maw-maw