Friday, July 25, 2008

"...Just Fifteen for a moment....."

what do you know... a few blinks, some diapers, crawling, walking, biking, running.. kindergarten, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th grades in a row... and we have a 15 year old today; Twinkle turned 15 as of this morning.

From the birthday girl....


10 things I've learned in my 15 years on this earth:


1) God will give me faith if I ask.

2) Makeup has got to be one of the most fun things of being a girl!!!!

3) I can finally cook or bake something without burning, undercooking, overcooking to a point where it is tough, or using salt instead of sugar.

4) I love dogs.

5) I absolutely LOVE writing. It is my hobby. When I am writing on my computer, I feel like I'm in a totally different world. Call me a nerd! :)

6) Little brothers can be big brothers.

7) How to put together an Ikea bookcase without ending up with a shelf on the outside and the doors broken in your hands.

8) Flip-flops rock!

9) I am terrified of dark, murky, water where sharks could be lurking to BITE MY LEG OFF!!!!!

10) The leaving is hard. But the going is exciting.

~Twinkle

4 comments:

Matt said...

No way!
Happy Birthday Twinkle! I loved your post..particularly the part about little brothers being big brothers...so sweet! Miss you guys already and bummed we didn't get to connect before you left.
love you all,
helen

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Twinkle! I miss you already!

Carrie

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! So sad we couldn't have celebrated together. We miss you!!
Love to all,
The Nelsons

Anonymous said...

ugh!!!! I meant to email you a happy happy birthday!!!

oh well! I guess you gave me the forgetting-to-tell-people-happy-birthday-bug while you were here. ha!

happy birthday!!! (late)

luv!