Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Catch Up #3

What have we been doing-- You ask... well, you didn't really ask, but i flatter myself to think you might actually be asking.....

and since this is my blog post, i can imagine you asking.....

Anyway.....

We have been



Playing Basketball.







Since November.



Multiple times each week with "off day shooting'--a 2 hour drill-- on the days there is no practice or game. Welcome to the world of Jr High Bball.



And of course when I say we , I really mean Chip.
He is playing. We are watching. and cheering. and clapping. and driving...

oh yes. Driving. A lot.

Let's just say that not only have I learned my way around a neighboring suburb area, but chip and I are having a lot of quality time together on the road.

Hating the gas bill... loving the time together.



The bball season culminates with a tournament in California with homeschool teams across the country. All Basketball. All the time. For 4 days. Oh baby! Should be lots of fun--watching, cheering, clapping.... and a lot less driving

And we plan on spending an extra day in CA visiting one of our favorite places--Korea Town! I don't know what we are more excited about --thebball or the food!
*Note on this picture--chip is the one in the middle grabbing at the ball... this probably occured AFTER her had a kid land on his finger. Found out later he played the rest of the game with a finger folded down--couldn't move it. Doc confirmed a fracture and he couldn't play for 3 weeks. Who knew a finger could side-line you??? But it did.

Course, now he is back in the game. Ready for California!


~The Mom

1 comment:

Rach said...

yikes, fractured finger? how come I never heard about this??

lol, glad you're feeling better, Chip - way to go, basketball boy! :)