Friday, December 5, 2008

I'm breaking up with...

School.

I know, I know. School always said I'll thank him later and that I'm learning and growing through our relationship and that I need him to succeed in life and that I so under-appreciate him and that I need to be more grateful for our relationship and that I am terrible at math anyway...but, I am done. Forever.

Why? Many reasons. School is extremely demanding and controlling. He wants all of my time. He never gives me a break or lets me just hang out with my friends. He is always badgering me about a test or paper due. All my computer time is taken up by School. He wants me to focus...always on him and never, ever think about anything besides him! School is unforgiving and slaps me in the face with bad grades.

"You just don't care about me," School will say, "You don't care."

For a while, I tried to humor him with flashcards or endless reviews of study papers. But, no more. School has run my life for too long. AND I AM FINISHED!

So I'm breaking up.

When did I decide this? Yesterday, after a trying couple of hours in the math department. Kiley Mac came over and we had a heart-to-heart conversation about my relationship with School. Finally, I told her I was breaking up with him. She said, "Good idea."

Have I mentioned that I love Kiley. She is always so supportive and encouraging...unlike School. But, who cares? I'm breaking up.

(Can you tell I am having a bout of TATBS--The After Thanksgiving-Break Syndrome????)

Twinkle

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG twinkle!! ur hilarious- i love yu lots!! hahahaha. i'm still laughing- tehe. <3

Unknown said...

OMG. that is so cute. i love it. he sure gets around. I just broke up with him too! ;) love you!

Jen said...

so cute, T! :)

Rach said...

I totally support you, girl. You're right, school is so demanding!!

lol great writing! miss you so much! :) rach