Monday, February 11, 2008

We Have Crossed a Significant Threshold

Well.

It happened.

What is so strange is that i should have suspected it. And when you look at the pictures below you won't be surprised. And yet I was. Surprised and, well, a little grossed out. But I am getting ahead of myself.

Here is the full story:

This past Sunday started as any other ordinary Sunday...little did I know what threshold we would cross that day!

So. After church, we went to In n Out Burger...a well known burger joint out here in the wild wild west. They have 4 items on their menu--hamburger, cheeseburger, fries, drinks. Period. That's it. No salads, chicken, roast beef, desserts (unless you count the milkshakes). And let me tell you, this place is always busy. always.

SO there we were on this ordinary Sunday at In N Out Burger where we had been countless other times with nothing happening that was too out of the ordinary. Except when Brett and Bryan were here, but that was more because they are out of the ordinary. Did I say that out loud? Woops.

Anyway. There we were at this simple, well known eatery when it happened. We crossed the threshold. Yup. We did. Well we crossed it by being spectators. Actually, Chip crossed it. Dove across it. Jumped across it and most importantly, chewed across it.

He did it.

He ate 2 hamburgers (with lettuce and onion--no skimpy burger like McDonalds).

2 burgers. Plus Fries. And a refillable drink that was refilled at least once while we waited for our food.

And those burgers? They joined the rest of his well rounded (not so fast food focused, and only figuratively speaking ) diet of late and have managed to make him grow. Taller than Twinkle. Yup. You can see in the pictures below, he is def taller than his sister and closing in on me, the mom, every day. Guess it goes with his SIZE 10 WIDE foot! yeesh! where does he get this from?

So tho i was a bit grossed out at the idea of eating T-W-O burgers, I am proud of the man he is becoming...just not too fast, OK Son?


4 comments:

Jen said...

Can't wait to see for mySELF how tall he's getting!

::screams::

Soon. very soon. :)

Kayla said...

Oh! My! GOODNESS!!!! Connor! How tall are you? Taylor! You cant just let him do that! Catch up! right, NOW!!! AHHHH!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I can not believe it! Even tho Connor has Always been taller than me, I feel like a midget!!! Connor, stop growing!

From- hunter

michele and girls said...

size 10!!!! did you say 10? it's a good thing you taught him to wipe his feet before coming in- those are some prints!!!