Thursday, September 20, 2007

We have a winner!


It is you!! How Egg-citing!! That is right...every dear reader who dared to post their ideas about why the eggs were cracking in my refrigerator is hereby declared a winner!!

Apparently, the 'science teacher' side of me got a little too exacting-- (according to members of the fam here at phoenamenal days) and so to make up for it I will be sending a starbucks gift card to each person who posted.

What answer was I looking for you ask??? Well...something like this....

The reason the eggs were cracked was because the refrigerator got so cold the eggs semi froze and since they are liquid-ish type of consistency, the insides expanded, cracking the shell.

Imagine the joy I had cracking those eggs to go down the drain, er I mean toilet. Gross. Half frozen egg whites and yolks. Yuck. Don't ask why I am flushing eggs down the toilet. That is a post for another day.

But I digress.

Leesh, Jen Cz, Charlene, Donovan fam, Maw maw and pappy, Cz girls, b p jansen and Kelly will all be the proud owners of a starbucks card mailed soon. Congratulations!

You see...we really are all winners;)

~the Mom

7 comments:

Maw Maw said...

Wonderful - again lets us winners meet at Starbucks with our prizes and have a group picture to send to the science teacher...we are her top students!

Thanks "the Mom" for a run for your life contest - whew, I'm glad that is over with. I was getting a headache from thinking. clap, clap, clap

Jen said...

Thanks, Mrs. Frizzle, for the great brain teaser - OUCH!

...and so generous of you to take our feeble attempts as "winning entries". I’ll eat (drink?) something yummy thinking of you, wishing I was having it WITH you. :)

Jen said...

and BTW... I can't see the pictures at the beginning of your post - just those goofy little squares. Can anyone else see them?

Maw Maw said...

I can't see them either - do you suppose this is ANOTHER CONTEST?

Love the science teacher - cuddo's to the Lady! and Bravo to those of the fam that voted

"WE ALL ARE WINNERS"!!!!!!!!!!

michele and girls said...

what a bad week to get busy with school and volleyball! we missed the whole contest!!!! can we guess now- we think the eggs partially froze in the fridge and cracked the shells? are we right??? :-)

Unknown said...

the one day i dont check they hand out starbucks cards haha

leesh ;) said...

funfun!